Covid Rapid Screening Program
Keep your employees and our community safe with FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening kits!
FREE for all businesses in Dufferin County with less than 150 employees!
Pick up kits (by appointment only) at the DBOT office
Asymptomatic, non-vaccinated employees test themselves twice per week – ideally at home, before they come to your place of work. Click here to read how to create mini screen kits for at-home self-screening
Get results in 15 minutes!
Those who test positive or inconclusive must go for a lab-based PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test
Why do this?
WDG Public Health is strongly recommending local employers institute a workplace vaccination policy to protect their employees and the public from Covid-19. Visit their website for more information on creating your policy – https://wdgpublichealth.ca/your-health/covid-19-information-workplaces-and-living-spaces/workplaces-and-businesses
A Covid-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace or home!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program
- They sign up for this free program at www.dufferinbot.ca/rapidtest, complete the Program Agreement form, and book a short appointment for their Screening Supervisor to come to the DBOT office to pick up a two week supply of kits
- Employees administer the test themselves, either at home or at the workplace, using a gentle nasal swab.
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- The Screening Supervisor reports the total number of tests completed, number of positive tests, number of negative tests, etc on the DBOT website
- Non-vaccinated employees are generally tested twice per week
- Reorder your kits on our website as needed
The Dufferin Board of Trade is a grassroots, non-profit organization dedicated to helping local buisness thrive. We are pleased to be able to offer the Rapid Testing program as a service to local busineesses. We ask that you respect our appointment requirement and that you be patient and kind to our staff/volunteers as we try our best to fulfill orders and meet the growing demand for this great program.
Sign up for the Program
Step #1: Complete the PASP Agreement
(you will upload this in Step #2)
Step #2: Book your pickup appointment
(you will upload your Agreement and also complete the intake form in this step)
Step #3: Watch the training video
Step #4: Come to the office at your appointment time, ring the bell and we will bring out your kits
246372 Hockley Road, Mono
Step#5: Test your employees and report your results
(no personal data is shared – we just need to report to the Province the total number of kits used, total positive tests, total negative tests)
Step#6: Reorder your kits
(please re-upload your original PASP Agreement or a new agreement if your contact person has changed)
We are not permitted to give refills to businesses who have not reported their results
Appointments are required and masks are mandatory inside the building.
If scheduling your first visit, please complete the PASP Agreement form and upload it when you book your appointment, and please ensure you have watched the training video.
To view the Rapid Testing program Frequently Asked Questions, click here:
To see a listing of participating local businesses, click:
To view the Intro Video, click here:
To view the most recent training video, click here:
To view the Ministry’s Training Video, click here:
Thank you to:
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce for their help in bringing this Program to local businesses