I have been a resident of the town of Shelburne for the last twenty four years. Before that I grew up in Melanchthon Township, went to school at a one room school, then Centennial Hylands and finally graduated from Centre Dufferin District High School. I then went to work in construction for ten years until I had a work related accident. I then retrained as an electronic technologist at Sheridan College. I have been a past Vice Chair of the Parents Council of both Hyland Heights, and Centre Dufferin District High School. I have coached minor hockey, soccer, and lacrosse. I have been an executive member of Shelburne Minor Hockey and served as President. I was on the Shelburne Minor Soccer executive, and was the Referee in Chief for lacrosse. I was a member of Shelburne Rotary Club and was their secretary for six years. My wife Anna and I have two boys Michael, and Daniel.
I have been a councillor for 19 years
So what have I as your representative been doing? I currently sit on the following committees:
1. Fire Board
2. Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority
4. Economic Development Committee
5. POA committee
6. Dufferin County Accessibility Committee
7. For three years on the Centre Dufferin Recreation Centre.
And I have sat on the following
1. Budget committee
2. Festival Committee
3. Library Committee
4. Heritage Committee
What would I like to do if elected.
1. See more events in Fiddle Park and Hire a person to make that happen paid by the evwnts they bring in.
2. We eed to look at infrastructure needs. Examples new police station if needed, a Fire hall, water storage etc.
3 Control growth in the town.
4 Accessibility with all our seniors and people with accessibility is still a big need.
5. A truck bypass is require for this town.
6. More activities for seniors and young people in the parks that are not necessarly structured.
Phone: (519) 925-3983