I have lived in Orangeville since 2002. I raised my children here and I have volunteered my time for many town committees and non-profit groups. I am most proud of the contributions I have made to the Orangeville Optimist Club and as President of the Mono Nordic ski club.
Since I have declared my candidacy for council, many have asked about what I do to a make a living. Here is the best way to describe what I do.
I have worked for a wide variety of large food supply companies. Most of my time in the industry has been spent as a Director of Sales. Over the years I have been associated with many brands that consumers would know quite well. My job is to build customer relationships, turn around underperforming businesses, and unlocking innovative ways to get things done. I lead a group of people who are committed to ensuring the organization realizes its growth and profitability targets.
Specific things I do:
• Contract Negotiation/New Business Development
• Business Plans & Budgets
• Builder/Motivator/Leader of co-workers
• Full responsibility for the financial profit/loss of the company
I have volunteered my time on the following community initiatives:
• President Mono Nordic Ski Club
• President Optimist Club of Orangeville
• Chair Mayor Remuneration Committee
• Chair Library Board of Orangeville
• Transit Committee
• Christmas in the Park
• Maple Syrup Festival Island Lake
• Community Columnist Orangeville Citizen
• Chair Jackrabbit Ski Program
• Orangeville Snow Clearing Committee
If Elected, I will work hard to:
• Reduce unwarranted tax increases
• Ensure Responsible Spending
• Strengthen relationships with the other councillors, our town staff, and neighbouring municipalities
I will not disappoint all those that have had confidence in me.
Phone: (416) 574-1894