Amaranth and Dufferin are the best places on earth to live, work and play and I am proud to provide strong, stable, positive and fair leadership on all issues. Amaranth Council is open, transparent and accountable to the Community + numerous public meetings and media reports.
* Dianne and I are long-time residents of Amaranth, raised two children on our farm and we are now enjoying 4 grandchildren. Supported successful recreation programs in Arenas-Parks-Pools.
* I have served the residents for 6 years as Deputy Mayor followed by 12 years as Mayor and 18 years on Dufferin County Council. I have been re-elected numerous times as Vice-Chair of Credit Valley Conservation, elected Chair of Conservation Ontario, co-recipient of Nobel Peace Prize.
* I have Chaired and participated in countless Committees and Boards to improve our safety, health, security and economic future. We have started a review of our Township Official Plan that describes in detail the future expectations of the Community – considerable public input, public meetings and technical reviews will be needed as we design our future Municipality together.
* Large areas of Amaranth are under Conservation Authority planning and the new Conservation Act, supported by all Prov. Parties, will bring new priorities and enforcement powers.
* Continually improving the Community with new fire trucks, plows, graders, bridges, culverts, gravel, paving, waste, social and retirement services, emergency management, and policing.
* E-mail: [email protected]