Attention Businesses: Get Involved!
We know the past 18 months have been challenging for many of our members. As your Board of Trade we are here to support you. We are thrilled to announce we have received funding to run a new program to support our local businesses!
We are launching “Dufferin Days” – to promote local businesses and encourage consumers to Think Local, Think Dufferin!
Dufferin Days runs until the end of the year, with a mini-campaign, GIVE LOCAL, in January. The campaigns includes print, radio, and online advertising, videography, signage, and prizes!
All local businesses are welcome to be involved in this exciting new campaign – for free! Some features are exclusive to DBOT members.
Free ways for local businesses to be involved:
- Social media feature – if you’d like us to post a “Local Business Spotlight” on your business, just send us the info and photo on the web form below.
- Video feature* – if you’d like us to shoot a video at your business, or if you’d like to send us about a 25-second video you’ve shot, just let us know. (We’re sorry, but due to time, we might not be able to get to everyone who requests a video)
- Signs – If you have a digital sign, let us know the specs and we’ll provide you with a Dufferin Days graphic! All businesses can print and display a copy of the Dufferin Days poster or pick up a hard copy of the poster at our office and remind your customers that every purchase they make at your store, or any picture they post while shopping, can get them entered in the prize draws!
- Stickers – If you would like stickers to put on your receipts to remind customers to enter their receipt in the prize draw – let us know!
- Prizes – Consumers will be rewarded for shopping local with the chance to win prizes. We will be offering three grand prizes ($500 cash prizes) and various smaller prizes of local prize packs. If you’d like to sponsor a grand prize, or supply a smaller prize let us know!
- Promote and share – Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and share our posts on your social media, use the hashtags #DufferinDays and #ThinkLocal #ThinkDufferin
- Business Directory – Ensure your business directory listing is up to date and current. If you are a non-member and don’t have a directory listing, sign up for one for free today. Much of the advertising will send people to our website, make sure your business is on it!
* Free videos are an exclusive opportunity only for DBOT members in good standing