Attention Businesses: Get Involved!
We know the past 18 months have been challenging for many of our members. As your Board of Trade we are here to support you. We are thrilled to announce we have received funding to run a new program to support our local businesses!
We are launching “Dufferin Days” – a campaign to promote local businesses and encourage consumers to Think Local, Think Dufferin! Dufferin Days will run from now until the end of the year, and includes significant print, radio, and online advertising, videography, and signage.
All local businesses are welcome to be involved in this exciting new campaign – for free! Some features are exclusive to DBOT members.
Free ways for local businesses to be involved:
- Social media feature* – if you’d like us to post a “Local Business Spotlight” on your business, just send us the info and photo on the web form below.
- Video feature* – if you’d like us to shoot a video at your business, or if you’d like to send us about a 25-second video you’ve shot, just let us know. (We’re sorry, but due to time, we might not be able to get to everyone who requests a video)
- Signs – we have purchased three large mobile signs – if you’d like one at your location to promote Dufferin Days for part of the campaign, let us know. Or if you have a digital sign, let us know the specs and we’ll provide you with a Dufferin Days graphic. All businesses can print and display a copy of the Dufferin Days poster and remind your customers that every purchase they make at your store, or any picture they post while shopping, can get them entered in the prize draws!
- Prizes – Consumers will be rewarded for shopping local with the chance to win prizes. We will be offering three grand prizes ($500 cash prizes) and various smaller prizes of gift baskets and stand alone items from local businesses. If you’d like to sponsor a grand prize, or supply a smaller prize let us know!
- Promote and share – Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and share our posts on your social media, use the hashtags #DufferinDays and #ThinkLocal #ThinkDufferin
- Business Directory – Ensure your business directory listing is up to date and current. If you are a non-member and don’t have a diretory listing, sign up for one for free today. Much of the advertising will send people to our website, make sure your business is listed on it!
* These are exclusive opportunities only for DBOT members in good standing