The Dufferin Board of Trade (DBOT) is a community-building non-profit organization serving Dufferin County and the Headwaters Region since 1909.
We improve our community by helping the local businesses thrive. When local businesses are succeeding the local economy flourishes and businesses can better support local charities, events, and their employees.
At DBOT we actively seek input from our valuable members and use that input to shape our strategic priorities and determine the services we provide to support and empower local business.
DBOT supports and empowers local business by:
- Connecting businesses
- Connect with other local businesses through our online and in-person networking opportunities, and connect with the resources you need through our Members’ Portal
- Advocating for business needs
- DBOT is the leading local business advocate. We work closely with the Ontario and the Canadian Chambers of Commerce and connect regularly with all three levels of government to advocate on behalf of your needs as the voice of business in the Headwaters Region.
- Promoting “Think Local”
- We encourage local consumers to think local, work local, and support DBOT members and local businesses. Our successful Think Local campaign is recognized in the community and supported by our local media.
- Saving businesses money
- Our members can shop locally at many other DBOT member businesses, and save money while doing so with our Member-to-Member Discounts. We also offer Group Discount programs, such as the Chamber Plan insurance, which offer considerable cost savings to our members.
Your Membership Toolbox Includes:
- Members’ Portal
- Designed for easy navigation the Members’ Portal allows you to register for our events, utilize member-to-member discounts and exclusive group savings, securely and easily pay your invoices, update your directory listing, promote your own events and special offers, download valuable business resources and more!
- Enhanced Social Media
- Job Board
- Members can post jobs through our members’ portal to the JobsInDufferin.ca page, which also adds them to our social media pages. This webpage had 8,000 pageviews within 30 days of its launch.
- Business Directory Listing & Referrals
- DBOT members have robust listings on our highly searchable online Business Directory, and the ability to update or change their listing at any time. We refer our members, and our members refer each other, whenever possible.
- Milestone Celebrations
- We love helping our members celebrate their successes! We will promote Grand Openings/Re-Openings, anniversary celebrations, Open Houses or similar milestone events, and if possible, our team will attend and bring our Giant Scissors and blue ribbon for ribbon cutting ceremonies.
- Networking Opportunities
- We host various networking events throughout the year and also offer online networking through our Facebook Members group and Members’ Portal. Our events range from quarterly Maximize Your Membership sessions, to our Golf Tournament and annual Business Excellence Awards Gala. Our Dufferin Women in Business group hosts 10 lunch or evening events throughout the year.