The Dufferin Board of Trade provides document certifying services to members and non-members. Documents are certified at no charge for our members, for non-members please see our fee schedule below.
DBOT certifies the following documents:
- Certificates of Origin
- Invoices and other shipping documents
- Letters of introduction for foreign markets*
- Letter of confirmation for member in good standing*
*Services offered to members only.
The Board of Trade does not accept the following:
- Certificates of Origin from foreign countries
- Certificates of Origin referring to free trade agreements (e.g. NAFTA)
- Certification of government documents (e.g. passports etc.)
- Certification of personal documents (e.g. banking statements etc.)
- Certification of legal documents (e.g. wills and Power of Attorneys etc.)
- Commissioner of Oaths of Notary Public services
- Inspection or Quality reports
Document certification clients are required to fill out a Letter of Waiver that will be kept in on file at the Dufferin Board of Trade and will be valid for 2 years.
- The Letter of Waiver must be notarized.
- The Letter of Waiver must be on the company’s letterhead
- The company’s signing officer cannot notarize/commission his/her own signature.
- The company is required to supply a copy of either the company’s “Articles of Incorporation” OR a “Business Licence”.
- If the company has moved, we require a copy of a government document that confirms the new address (e.g. Revenue Canada tax form cover page) or a lawyer should provide a letter/amendment of why the address on Articles/Licence is different to the firm’s current address.
What You Need to Bring
- You must provide the DBOT with one additional copy of all documents presented for certification.
- Original document duly signed by an authorized representative
- The documents need to have original signature by the authorized official, in blue or black ink
- All signatures must be original. Photocopied signatures will not be accepted.
- Accompanied by the proper background documentation
Certificates of Origin (CO)
Certificates of Origin must be accompanied by proof of origin for all items listed on the CO. Proof may be in the form of an accompanying invoice/shipping document to which the Certificate of Origin pertains.
Members – Free
Non-Members – $40+HST per set.
A “set” is a group of documents with the same invoice number belonging to an individual shipment.
Document Certifying Hours
Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
It is recommended to call ahead.
519-941-0490 ext 206