Select a category below to be taken to the nominees list for another category
Association of the Year Description
Recognizes a non-profit association, charity, or agency that has made an outstanding contribution to
the social, cultural or economic well-being of the Headwaters Region, is consistently responsive to
community needs, delivers outstanding service to its beneficiaries, and communicates a wellarticulated vision and mission in support of a strong and viable community. The association will have
shown innovation and leadership, and achieved outstanding success in the not-for-profit sector
- demonstrating excellence and innovation in the non-profit sector;
- participation in the local community that has significantly benefited others;
- champions “Thinking Local” within the organization, and to the community;
- developing community partnerships that benefit the broader community; and
- contributing by giving back to the community with time, product, donations and/or support.
Award Sponsored By:
The Winner of Association of the Year 2020
To meet the challenges of COVID we quickly moved from a shopping model based service to a drive thru/walk thru model to keep clients and volunteers safe. As the pandemic deepened we brought together community partners to form the Dufferin Food Share so that clients would have one point of contact for food to reduce their exposure.
Nominees For Association of the Year 2020