DYP is a committee of the Dufferin Board of Trade and offers opportunities for young professionals to connect and learn. Our goal is to inspire, connect, and engage with young professionals across Dufferin County.
The DYP committee, headed up by Chair Arthur Jaworowski, collaborate on setting the themes for each event and the organizations involved each contribute financial support to cover the costs of the events so they can be offered for free to enthusiastic young professionals in the community. In 2017, Humber College, Orangeville Campus, a founding member of the DYP, is providing title sponsorship for the committee emphasizing the commitment of Humber and all the participating organizations that have built the Dufferin Professionals group over the past several years.
The DYP committee, is a collaboration of community players including DBOT, Humber College (Title Sponsor), and the Orangeville & Area Small Business Enterprise Centre as well as enthusiastic and committed private sector partners. The group organizes events throughout the year, presenting experts who focus on various topics of relevance to young professionals and entrepreneurs. These popular events engage, inspire and offer great networking opportunities in a relaxed setting. You don’t have to be a member of DBOT to attend, however we encourage you to join in order to understand the benefits DBOT has to offer.
Check our events listing frequently for new event dates and times.
Some of the great reasons to be a part of the DYP:
- Meet other young business owners and professionals in a relaxed, casual environment
- Exchange business ideas, learn best practices and promote your business
- Increase your current business knowledge in today’s competitive market
- Learn how to be an effective leader
- Create a strong vision plan for your business
- Build a committed team based on clear communication and trust
- Become highly skilled at setting realistic and achievable goals
- Meet people at all levels of their professional career. From starting out, to well experienced.
2017 Dufferin Young Professionals Committee
Arthur Jaworowski (Chair) – Actum Building Solutions
Anthony Fogolin – CCV Insurance
Colleen Stephenson – Marlin Travel
Dina Barazza – The Talent Consortium
Emma Rogers – United Way Guelph-Wellington-Dufferin
Jamie Spurrell – Fheba Design
Jeffrey Halsall – Helm Advertising Group
Nick Lumia – Dufferin Board of Trade
Stephany St.Louis – Dufferin Board of Trade/Headwaters Tourism/HatsOnDufferin